Saturday, October 3, 2009

Lantern night

I like Chinese festivals, i do.

The family gathering , the food, the cousins and doing some illegal stuff once in a while.

but things do get less interesting when you grow up, it seems to get worst every year, but i think the smaller children will still enjoy them more then me.

my aunt toke out a box of old stuff left behind from decades of lantern/Chinese festivals and i found my old lanterns i use to run around with when i was a kid, and is really cheesy too, a Batman lantern in a flying position, i call it now SuperBatman a design so awkward only Chinese lantern designer could sell. At least it's more cooler than a Ben 10 lantern haha.

I had fun trying to line up the candles on card boxes, me and my young cousin sister made a Heart shape and " I LOV U" letter, it's a little childish but what else can i do in front of the kids.
we also enjoy playing the"POPS" but my bro had a better idea long time ago and burn a whole bag of them "POPS" so it makes lots of sound faster.

Moon cakes has become an issue for me, they seem to evolve every season , it started with different paste like green tea and coffee or coconut flavor. then made them to ice-creams, then mini moon cakes then etc. i tried Starbucks version, really it was good but there like 15bucks a piece. Durian was unbearable . and jelly was, well i never liked jelly so i won't make this harsh.

No comments: